Steps for Standard Edition Seeding
$CYBERSECURE_INSTALL_DIR is under C:\Program Files\CyberSecure Standard on Windows and /Applications/CyberSecure Standard on Mac platforms
- Configure your backup set(s) first.
- Ensure the backup is not scheduled to automatically run, as this will upload over your internet link.
- Open notepad/text editor as an administrator user.
- Edit the file $CYBERSECURE_INSTALL_DIR\bin\Seedload.bat (SeedLoad.sh for Mac/Unix platforms)
- Create a folder on the seeding drive called “seedload”, Mac users will need to format the seeding drive in the native Mac filesystem format in order to write to the drive.
- Change the line, OUTPUT_DIR=”C:\Seedload” to make it point to the “seedload” folder on the seeding drive that you created in a previous step.
- For Mac OS, this is /Volumes/<label_of_drive>/seedload
- Open a cmd.exe shell as an administrator user (Mac users will need to open “Terminal”, then type “sudo -s” and enter in the current users password. This will enable a root shell.
- cd to the $CYBERSECURE_INSTALL_DIR
- Run the “SeedLoad.bat (or SeedLoad.sh)” script – the seeding will commence.
- The seeding process will start in the cmd window
- When the process has completed, “Backup successful” should be displayed at the end, you can close the command line window.
- If the backup completes with warnings or errors then contact CyberSecure support on 1300 854 292